A 20-year-old Central Coast man has been charged with supplying drugs which police reportedly believe are linked to the death of 19-year-old Alex Ross-King, who died after attending the Sydney leg of FOMO Festival on Saturday.
NSW Police raided a home in Mount Elliott on Wednesday and arrested two men, aged 20 and 23.
Police said they found 26 MDMA pills, 14 grams of methylamphetamine, $1,275 cash and mobile phones at the property.
According to the ABC, the younger man is believed to be under investigation for allegedly supplying drugs which were sold to Alex Ross-King via one of her friends.
The older man was also charged with drug offences. Both were granted conditional bail and are due to appear at Gosford Local Court on Tuesday, 5th February.
Alex Ross-King is the fifth person to die in NSW from a suspected overdose at a major music festival since September 2018.
Her family has called for pill testing to be implemented at Australian music festivals, and have requested a meeting with NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian, who is staunchly opposed to pill testing.
“We encourage the government to courageously take all the active measures possible to reduce the risk,” her family said in a statement.
“Pill testing is only one measure. There is no safe level of drug consumption but, it is an opportunity for intervention.”
Australia’s first major pill testing trial took place at the Canberra leg of Groovin The Moo in April 2018, and discovered “deadly” contaminants in a number of samples tested.
The Ultra music festival has requested the NSW Government allow it to hold a pill testing trial at its upcoming event in Sydney in February.
Earlier this month, a number of Australia’s biggest music festivals released an open letter calling on state and territory governments to allow pill testing trials at local events, in an attempt to prevent drug-related deaths.
The post Man Charged With Supplying Drugs Allegedly Linked To FOMO Festival Death appeared first on Music Feeds.