PIONEER VALLEY EVENTS
What happens when you take an entire ARTS festival & jam it into one amazing show with performers of all kinds who create upon the theme of COMMUNION? A crazy wonderful New Vaudeville Holiday Spectacular! Tickets at https://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3180581 are $15 with all children under 15 FREE.
Hosted by Joe Dulude II with Katherine Adler, movement artist.
Here are the delights that await you in no particular order yet:
1. Excerpts from Savage — a new musical in development. Savage is based on the true story of Wanda Savage, a Native American sharpshooter who rose out of Oklahoma poverty to perform in circuses and vaudeville before taking on Hollywood as a stunt woman and actress in silent films. With Nicolette Blount (Producer, Writer, Composer), John Waynelovich (Musical Director, Composer, Arranger) and Lindel Hart (Writer, Editor).
2. The Ballet Belles: Myah Grant and Madalyn Lilly, perform three excerpts from La Boutique Fantasque – the Overture, Tarantella, and Waltz – using the Rossini-Respighi score. The two young dancers take on the role of dolls who come to life when the shop is closed. The Ballet Belles are directed, and work choreographed, by Karen Shulda, Artistic Director Ballet Renverse, ret.
3. Emma Ayres, The Water Project Folk Opera is Emma Ayres’ reimagining of her original play: The Water Project. Set in a rural Western-Mass dreamscape of the Great Depression, the story illuminates the archetypal conflict of big business interest and political corruption versus the working-class poor. In the Swift River Valley during the year 1938, a clock struck midnight, ringing in disincorporation, heartbreak and loss of place, all in the name of progress. “Newspaper headlines read: 4 towns flooded, 2,500 people relocated, houses moved on the backs of trucks, 7,500 graves dug up and reburied on higher ground, memories drowned, and little know…” the water is rising.
4. Alex DeMelo: The Concluding speech of The Great Dictator with Violet Walker on the saw.
5. Ellen Villani: Stand Up Comedy.”So I gave up Holy Communion for Lent about 18 years ago and it stuck!!!! I figured none of us in truly worthy anyway. In place of that I’ve BECOME communion. I’m communing all over the place. I’ve got full blown relationships with grocery clerks, gas station attendants, and anyone elderly!
6. Jack Golden: premiere of movement performance, 13 Ways To Be A Black Dog. Just back from a successful run at the Charm City Fringe Festival in Baltimore, Jack received this review:”a very personal performance piece, reflecting on Golden’s life and relationships through words, music and movement. It’s refreshing to see a work based on the real life of the performer that refuses to shy away from the vulnerability attendant to such an endeavor. Rather than covering any discomfort with sarcasm, cynicism, or any of the other shields we use when we feel exposed, Golden goes with the truth. He admits the unscripted, improvisational component of the show scares him; he owns his feelings about family and loss. The result is a refreshingly honest, unironic look at the life of a kind man who has spent the last few decades touring the country, educating kids, making folks smile, and getting to know Jack better.”
7. Jeremy Geragotelis: John Berryman Reads My Poems, Feat. A Bottle of Whiskey is a close character study that mythologizes the suicide of renowned poet of the 20th-century John Berryman. This piece of theater considers the boundary between the artist’s practice and the ghosts of historic influence: how can we make our artistic context dangerous and forward-reaching?
8. Maureen McElligott sings.
9. Phoebe Lloyd and Michayla Robertson Pine, who brought the immersive work The City to the Full Disclosure Festival last month, offer an original devised theater piece with music called The Blue Room.
Blue Room personifies a conversation between one’s inner and outer self, exploring the difficult road to communion with your own fractured thoughts. There is strength and honesty to be found between the voices in your head, but fostering that relationship can often be as destructive as it is cathartic.
10. John Lentz – Vocal Jazz and Bass. John Lentz sings jazz stories. He is accompanied by Michael Suter on double bass.
11. Violet Walker clown extraordinaire plays the saw!
The 3rd Annual Holiday Bash to Benefit Whole Children promises to be an Amazing Night of Music, Community, and Holiday Cheer! As with the last two years, there will be a silent auction, and a three-tiered raffle, both filled with Fabulous gifts and prizes from Fantastic local Vendors, and Artists, and performances from Whole Children’s Joyful Chorus, The Friendship Band (debuting another new original song “Good Idea”), and The THREAD House Band playing a mix of Holiday favorites and Standard Jams! The Party is free admission, all ages (Beer and Wine will be served), and starts at 6PM, and the Joyful Chorus will go on first at about 6:30..! Come early and bring the whole family or get a baby sitter and stay late until the end to catch ALL of the ACTION of the Auction, The sights and sounds, the Dancing, and so much MORE!!!
If you would like to give back to The Amazing, Vital, and Most Deserving organization Whole Children, who gives so much support and enrichment education to so many young folks in our community, and their families, please do so by following the link below!: https://www.generosity.com/community-fundraising/3rd-annual-holiday-bash-to-benefit-whole-children
Thank you so much, and Happy Holidays!, We can’t wait to see you at THE BASH!!
Eddy T. Hougen IV, Sarah Curro Hougen, and The THREAD Arts Collective!
Annual All-Ages Yuletide Party goes Hawaiian!
$5 at the door upstairs in the VFW Ballroom featuring
– Pete Weiss & the Weisstroanuts – surf-spy-psychedelic
– Beige – dub-ska
– Johnny Memphis Band – single-stream rock ‘n’ roll
– Ukulele Scramble – Robin Hoffman & David Perlmutter
– Jerks on the Loose – sing The Roches
– Bell & Howl – visual art projections
– Christmas Karaoke
– Personal appearance by Santa Claus
– Bring a can of food for the Survival Center
Come party with us on December 16th at THE HAMP GET DOWN, an evening concert showcasing music, arts, and vendors out of Western Mass! Featuring 5 hip hop acts, 8 bands, and 4+ vendors, this is not an event you’ll want to miss.
HIP HOP LINE UP:
Tuzko Y Los Gringos
Da Last Hec
BAND LINE UP:
Ginja Low Main
Billi with Best Buds
Shed Some Light
John Olivares and Friends
VENDORS (subject to change):
Bay State Brimmers
Tickets are ONLY $5 in advance ($10 at the door). For paper tickets, feel free to message the HampGrown Facebook page, any HampGrown personnel, or one of the performers listed. Will call tickets are available through the link above. Music starts at 7pm. Schedule TBA!
“What is HampGrown?”
HampGrown is an all inclusive, community-owned organization based in the Pioneer Valley, serving as a platform for independent artists to utilize in their advancement. Our goal is to build a community of various musicians, producers, MCs, visual artists, filmers, journalists, vendors, etc. and connect them to one another through live shows and networking. By doing so, we hope to influence new collaborations between independent entities in the Valley, and create a strong foundation for artists looking to showcase their work to other similar individuals.
The Hamp Get Down is our first event at a legitimate venue. Our focus for the evening is to bring together the many people who have been associated with HampGrown in some way, under one roof for a diverse showcase of arts and music from Western Mass. As an organization open to the public, we strongly encourage attendees to network with those participating in the show, figure out how to get involved with our community if interested, and forge connections with other artists from the area. We hope to see you there!
A special pre holiday’s gig with The StompBox Trio, this Saturday, December 16th. 2 funky sets from 7:30pm to 10pm @ Underdogs Lounge located @ 10 Bridge St. in Shelburne Falls, MA. www.UnderdogsLounge.com
Ms. Evelyn Harris – vocals
John Cabán – dobro & stomp box
David Rodriguez – upright bass
Reaching into the wellspring of vintage American blues, gospel & soul to bring y’all a hip shaking, foot stomping great time… Not to be missed! Get your holiday shopping done, and come on out and join us!
Disc Jam Presents! – The Harvest Cup – Official After Party !!
featuring DJ Logic ~ William Thompson Funk Experiment – KONG –
DJ Kerry Quirk at the Worcester Palladium Ballroom in Worcester right next door to The Harvest Cup’s event at The DCU Center on Saturday December 16th 2017
Tickets: $20 in advance
or $15 with The Harvest Cup GA wristband
Doors open at 7pm
Music at 8pm
Curfew is 1:30am
Dj Logic- https://www.facebook.com/projectlogic
DJ Logic “The theorem of turntablist as musician has been long proven in the capable hands of DJ LOGIC, whom with jazz as his foundation has become a wax innovator by crossing genres and sprinkling his sound across the map. As one of the world’s most accomplished turntablist’s, DJ LOGIC is widely credited for introducing jazz into the hip – hop realms and is considered by most as a highly respected session musician and an innovative bandleader. Since his emergence in the early nineties amidst the Bronx hip-hop scene, the NewYork City based deejay has been amassing a veritable mountain of collaborations ranging from the likes of: MEDESKI MARTIN AND WOOD, CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE, VERNON REID, CHARLIE HUNTER, JACK DeJOHNETTE, JOHN MAYER, BEN HARPER, MOS DEF and THE ROOTS, to name but a few.
These days, DJ LOGIC is focusing on studio endeavors, producing notable projects such as: Re-imagination with jazz piano phenomenon ELDAR ; collaborating with VERNON REID on a project he co-founded called the Yohimbe Brothers ; touring with CHRISTIAN MCBRIDE in support of Live at Tonic ; participating in a side project called SOLESIDE (featuring KYLE HOLLINGSWORTH from STRING CHEESE INCIDENT and SPEECH from ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT) and co-anchoring a rock band with JOHN POPPER (The John Popper Project featuring DJ Logic) . LOGIC’S body of work also includes three highly accomplished solo albums (Zen of Logic; The Anomaly; Presents Project Logic), all released on Ropeadope Records.
William Thompson Funk Experiment- https://www.facebook.com/WilliamThompsonFunkExperiment
Kerry Quirk- https://soundcloud.com/Djkerry7
Kai Griffiths- https://www.facebook.com/Kaigrizzwald/
Ryan Gardell- https://www.facebook.com/artifaktstudios
Disc Jam Music Festival- https://www.facebook.com/events/372952459793634
Save the dates!!
Disc Jam 2018 is coming in HOT
Thursday June 7th through Sunday June 10th
4 days and nights of cutting edge live music, free on-site disc golf course sponsored by Innova Disc Golf, 4 unique stages, silent disco, late night acoustic sets, beautiful grassy camping areas, flow arts and fire performances by Disc Jam Flow Tribe, interactive workshops, healers and speakers, installation and live artist gallery by Disc Jam Artist Collective plus the best food and craft vending in the scene! Oh did we mention we have an on-site mini golf course, ice cream parlor, and breakfast diner? A 4 star resort hotel just 3 miles away? Families are welcome as we’ll be upgrading our kids’ tent with music by Rolie Polie Guacamole and Zachademy Kids Funk All-Stars, craft center and more for the little ones to be announced!
Gates open Thursday June 7th at 10:00am.
Camping is included with ALL ticket options.
On-Site Parking is always FREE.
Sunday Night Camping is allowed – please follow the very few rules we do have, be kind to yourselves and your neighbors 🍍
The Blind Faith Tickets are VERY limited and are intended for our most devout DiscJamFam to get tickets at the lowest price available all year. If you had fun last year or heard about how we do it buckle up cause we are goin bigger and better than we ever thought imaginable!
The Blind Faith pass gets you all four days and nights of music and camping, add the car side camping option for just $25 and you’re set to have the 2018 Disc Jam Music Festival in your pocket before anyone!
As a thank-you to you, every Blind Faith ticket purchased will get entered into a pool for over 100 FREE items including the following: (25) VIP Upgrades, (25) Grassroots California Fitted Disc Jam Hats, (25) 2016 Official T-shirts, (25) 2016 Official Disc Jam Pins and more! We will announce these winners as soon as the blind faith tickets sell out, so don’t wait long!
Stay tuned here for more announcements, ticket contests, our 2017 video recap, disc jam pre party schedule, flow tribe and visual artist announcements and of course our initial line up drop sometime in early 2018!
The Worcester Palladium is an “All Ages” venue located in Worcester, MA. All our shows are General Admission which means no assigned seating. Please note that no cameras or recording devices are allowed in the building.
Attention local bands: Want to play upstairs at the palladium? Send an email to email@example.com with your band name, genre, and band’s relevant music page.
We are one of the best venues in Massachusetts…and extremely artist friendly. Some of the acts that have performed here in the last few years include 311, 50 Cent, Andrew W.K., B.B.King, Blink 182, Busta Rhymes, Cypress Hill, Deftones, Dropkick Murphys, Bob Dylan, Filter, Foo Fighters, Fuel, Garbage, Godsmack, Hoobastank, Insane Clown Posse, Sean Paul, Queens Of The Stone Age, Twiztid, Jay Z, Kanye West, Jimmy Eat World, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Korn, Meshuggah, Mighty Mighty Bostones, Wu-Tang Clan, Moby, MOE, O.A.R.,Drowning Pool, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Ill Niño, Superjoint Ritual, Damageplan, Stains, New Found Glory, My Chemical Romance, All American Rejects, Fall Out Boy, Dashboard Confessional, Offspring, Papa Roach, Powerman 5000, Prince, Puddle Of Mudd, Opeth, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, Sevendust, Static-X, Sum 41, Slayer, Kittie, Misfits, Rob Zombie, Buckcherry, Simple Plan, Dope, Yellowcard, Slipknot, Hatebreed, Avenge Sevenfold, The Used, Coheed And Cambria, Brand New, Taking Back Sunday, Unearth, Four Year Strong, The Acacia Strain, and many more. We have also had events taped here that have aired on MTV, Fuse, Sci-Fi Channel’s Ghost Hunters and many artist have taped their performances for release on LIVE DVD’s here.
The Harvest Cup-
The Harvest Cup at the Worcester DCU Center Dec 16th & 17th 2017. This will be the biggest cannabis competition New England has ever seen! With over 125 of the industries top vendors from around the world under one roof THC will have everything you can imagine available all weekend. In addition THC will have a number of featured guest speakers and hands on workshops to teach their techniques and pass on their know-how from some of the leading growers to produce the most quality results.
The Middle East Presents:
Big Mean Sound Machine
Cocek Brass Band
18+ / Doors at 8pm
$15 Advance / $20 Day of Show
Come clamber upstairs to The Royal Monarch, (Studio 325 located in the Paragon building in Easthampton.) on December 16th for a night of music to benefit the Amherst Survival Center.
We have 5 wonderful local acts coming together to help raise funds and supplies for ASC during these holiday times.
Anthony Saracino – Beautifully complex folkiness with atmospheric additions wrapping stories into sonic blankets.
Mibble – An onion of Lo-fi bedroom indie rock full of so many layers you would never know it was a single person creating these fuzzy landscapes.
Pits – Stripped down with a shaved face, a guitar and some cassettes of unrelated voices repeating relatable things.
Brittany Brideau – The only math you will have any interest in following along. Intimate stories beautifully portrayed with quick fingers and jazzy voices and river rapids.
Paper City Picture Show (Full Band) – Soulful story-songs and boot-stomping, waltzy vignettes about travels and salty adventures.
Doors are at 8 and music will be starting at 8:30 sharp.
This is a donation based show, all of which will be benefiting the Amherst Survival Center. Please bring money, dry goods, non-perishables, new or lightly used clothing & toys, hygiene products, etc. for them.
We will also have a card reader present for donations up to any amount if you are unable to give cash, but still want to provide a financial contribution.
Bring your friends, bring your family, bring any nice strangers.
It’s warm here. Escape the cold. Idiot.
Loone (Acoustic set)